List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 18 2001 1:43pm
Subject:Re: Anyone for a mysql_queryf()
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:

Sasha> On Friday 15 June 2001 22:56, John Birrell wrote:
>> I thought it'd be convenient to have a printf style
>> query function to keep my client code simple, so I
>> looked at what this would involve.

<cut>

Sasha> John:

Sasha> You definitely raise a good point. We should have had mysql_queryf() call a
Sasha> long time ago. In fact, I already have this routine laying around, almost in
Sasha> the form it needs to be, which I have adopted from
Sasha>
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/mysql/Downloads/Contrib/mysnprintf.c.
Sasha> The cool thing about it is that it can escape strings "auto-magically". If
Sasha> Monty agrees, I will add it to the client.

Sorry no;  We should not have too many similar interfaces
(Just look at the ODBC spec for a standard that went totally wrong).

I will, after 4.0 alpha is released, write a spec for how we should
handle prepared statements.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Anyone for a mysql_queryf()John Birrell16 Jun
  • Re: Anyone for a mysql_queryf()Sinisa Milivojevic16 Jun
  • Re: Anyone for a mysql_queryf()Sasha Pachev16 Jun
    • Re: Anyone for a mysql_queryf()Michael Widenius18 Jun
  • Anyone for a mysql_queryf()Michael Widenius18 Jun