List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 15 2001 8:59am
Subject:MySQL
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Dana" == Dana Neal <daneal@stripped> writes:

Dana> Hello-
Dana> I'm on the download page, but it's very confusing since there are many
Dana> files, and no executables. Based on what I can tell, the program doesn't
Dana> have an executable but instead is simply extracted into a dir. I can also
Dana> see that there are GUIs available, but it's unclear exactly what sql files I
Dana> need to run it and the gui. I'm using unix, can you help?

Please check the installation sections at:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/

This should help you get started.

The following link contains a lot of books that could help you get a
quick start with MySQL:

http://www.mysql.com/portal/books/html/index.html

Regards,
Monty