List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wei He Date:November 1 2000 2:18am
Subject:Re: A suggestion on Replication
View as plain text
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Christian Rabe wrote:

Thanks for your instruction. I didn't have and change to try again until
todayb I found my replication being interrupted again. In my
environment, your first and third cases can be excluded.

Instead of using temporary tables, I use variables like @ID, @tempid...
Since the connection between my master and slave is poor, I wonder once
the connection is broken, the @ID will lose its value when reconnected.
I this case, hacking of slave.cc will not only of no help but dangerous.
Am I right?

Wei He

> Hi,
>
> To 1: To accomplish this, you have to disable the lines 926-933 in the
> sql/slave.cc (3.23.26)
> To 2: This is already the case. Only successful master-querys are logged.
> There are 3 cases, so far I know, when the
>         slave gets a query to break on.
>         First: there are Tables on the master that are not on the slave and
> you write to them.
>         Second: You use temporary tables,which are not temporary on the
> slave and therefore not deletet afterward.
>         So the Slave breaks the moment you try to recreate it on the master.
>         In this two cases the command "SET SQL_LOG_BIN = 0" can help you,
> which switches the logging off.
>
>         Third: You make a flush slave without a former flush master. The
> slave reads
>         then all existing logfiles anew which can lead to problems with
> duplicate entries on the slave and BANG!
>
> I too had to use the dirty way of disabling the error with the drawback that
> when there really is an error you won't notice it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian "Maverick" Rabe
> IT-Development
> wallstreet:online AG
> http://www.wallstreet-online.de
> Tel.:  03 37 01 5 29 16
> Fax.:  03 37 01 5 29 19

A suggestion on ReplicationWei He26 Oct
  • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
    • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationThimble Smith26 Oct
    • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationWei He1 Nov
      • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationChristian Rabe1 Nov
  • Re: A suggestion on Replicationsasha26 Oct
  • Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationsasha26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe27 Oct