List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 1 2001 5:44pm
Subject:RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "DAVE" == DAVE THOMAS <DAVET@stripped> writes:

DAVE> One more question. Now that it recognized the new type that I added, it is
DAVE> giving me an ERROR 1005: Can't create table './test/newtest.frm' (errno: 0)

This is probably an error MySQL gets from your handler.

DAVE> test is the name of the database I am trying to create the table in and
DAVE> newtest is the name of the table I am trying to create. Is there something
DAVE> special I have to do to allow it to make the .frm, .myi, and .myd files for
DAVE> the table?

Try compiling mysqld with --with-debug and then run mysqld with the
--debug option.

The trace output in /tmp/mysqld.trace should give you a good
understanding of what's happening.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Dave Thomas24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith24 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic25 May
  • how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius26 May
Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith30 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Sinisa Milivojevic31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • Re: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Timothy Smith31 May
RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)DAVE THOMAS31 May
  • RE: how do you create a new database type (DISAM or TEXT)Michael Widenius1 Jun