List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 29 2003 12:51am
Subject:Re: feature proposal: auto increment prefix
View as plain text
Hi!

Catching up with some old emails...

<cut>

>> For example, I remember reading in the docs that there aren't enough
>> bits in the current .frm format to store additional properties. Is
>> this still true? If yes, would it be acceptable to use a special,
>> reserved, column name for this purpose, until the .frm format is
>> changed?

Arjen> As a temporary kludge, possibly. In case of GUID or UUID I think that
Arjen> would be ok, until the FRM can handle new column types. As long as the
Arjen> code is clean and the kludge can be cleaned up easily later.

I forgot to add in the previous email that we should of course also
add a column type that is OID that automaticly gets the OID value on
insert.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: feature proposal: auto increment prefixdvorakv19 Sep
  • Re: feature proposal: auto increment prefixArjen Lentz20 Sep
    • Re: feature proposal: auto increment prefixMichael Widenius29 Apr
      • Re: feature proposal: auto increment prefixTim Bunce29 Apr