List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 28 2003 11:27pm
Subject:Placeholders for LOAD DATA?
View as plain text
Hi!

Catching up with some old emails...

Tim> As an addition to
Tim> 	LOAD DATA INFILE 'file_name.txt' INTO TABLE foo ...

Tim> could this be supported:

Tim> 	LOAD DATA INSTRING '...string of data...' INTO TABLE foo ...

Tim> and thereby enable using a placeholder:

Tim> 	LOAD DATA INSTRING ? INTO TABLE foo ...

Tim> This would enable placeholders to be used to do multi-row inserts
Tim> with a single round-trip to the server per-execute.

Intersting idea;  I have now put this on our long-time todo.

This is a bit similar to the idea of doing:

EXECUTE SELECT blob_column from table_name;

to execute the SQL statement code that we select from the table.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Placeholders for LOAD DATA?Tim Bunce25 Nov
  • Re: Placeholders for LOAD DATA?Georg Richter25 Nov
    • Re: Placeholders for LOAD DATA?Tim Bunce25 Nov
  • Placeholders for LOAD DATA?Michael Widenius29 Apr