List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 21 2001 1:14am
Subject:Re: The OLEDB Provider and data transfer
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sinisa" == Sinisa Milivojevic <sinisa@stripped> writes:

Sinisa> Moscoso Cam Ernesto Carlos wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Can anyone please explain me how  -in the most basic level- the OLEDB
>> provider interacts with the client-library to get data? Does it makes a call
>> of an exported function C++? What characteristics does a client-side net
>> library require in order to interact with an OLEDB Provider?
>>
>> Does the server-side net library reside in the same process as the MySQL
>> main program? If not, how does it comunicate with the request for data to
>> the data engine?
>>
>> Where I can find the entry-point of MySQL main program?
>>
>> Hope that you can help me.
>>
>> On best regards,
>>
>> Ernesto Moscoso Cam,
>> Lima, Peru

Sinisa> Hi!

Sinisa> MySQL client server protocol is not based on OLEDB scheme.

<cut>

I just wanted to add to Sinisa's comments that there exist an OLEDB
driver for MySQL; You can find this in the Contrib section on our
download page.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
The OLEDB Provider and data transferMoscoso Cam Ernesto Carlos19 May
  • Re: The OLEDB Provider and data transferSinisa Milivojevic20 May
    • Re: The OLEDB Provider and data transferMichael Widenius21 May