List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 9 2001 8:39pm
Subject:Named pipes vs local sockets
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Yuri" == Yuri Dario <mc6530@stripped> writes:

Yuri> Hi,
Yuri> I'm working again on OS/2 port, with a different compiler.

Yuri> The windows server can also use named pipes for local communitations.

Yuri> Is it faster that local sockets or tcpip?

I did test this a long time ago and I can't at this point remember the
results.  I think named pipes was a couple of % faster, but not that
much.

Yuri> because I'm considering to enable the same code also under OS/2, pipes
Yuri> are handled in a similar way. But I can do this only if I can get a
Yuri> speed increase in client/server communications.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Named pipes vs local socketsMichael Widenius9 May