List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 21 2001 12:13am
Subject:Re: Patch to help compilations under Cygwin
View as plain text
Hi!

>> Peter, thanks for the patch.  I've changed it quite a bit.
>> Here's what I've applied.  Please try the next MySQL release and
>> let me know if it works for you.  If you're up to it, you could
>> try building the server as well, to see what happens.

Pete> O.K., I got *37 this morning and gave it a shot. This is just trying to
Pete> build  the client libraries. havent had a try and server yet.

Pete> The package now configures fine out of the box. In order to get
Pete> the ibraries to compile I had to make on change to libmysql.c - the
Pete> include of <global.h> needs to come first as this is where your patch to
Pete> undefine the windows symbols occurs.

I have now applied the patches to MySQL 3.23.37;
Hope Tim can help you with the configure problem.

<cut>

Pete> The 'make install' fails on the installation of the eexcutables. This
Pete> appears to be due to the fact that the configure script is recognising
Pete> the executable extenssion as '.exe' but this is not being used
Pete> throughout. I get lines thus:

Pete> /bin/sh ../libtool  --mode=install /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/install -c mysql
> /usr/local/bin/mysql.exe

Pete> Which is correctly trying to install to 'mysql.exe', but wrongly looking
Pete> for the file 'mysql'.

Pete> Hope this helps...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French12 Apr
  • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinTimothy Smith14 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French14 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinMichael Widenius15 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinTimothy Smith16 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinSinisa Milivojevic17 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French20 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinMichael Widenius21 Apr