List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 16 2001 9:18am
Subject:Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection active
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

>> As stated in the MySQL manual;  You should NOT run myisamchk when the
>> mysqld server is up and running.  You should instead use CHECK table
>> and REPAIR table!

Paul> If I could guarantee no usage of tables will be appeared from server while
Paul> myisamchk checks them - does it helps?

Yes, if you just run 'flush tables' before .
(This will close the tables and remove the mark that they are in use)

Regards,
Monty

Thread
INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeawysocki14 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach14 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius15 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach16 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius16 Apr