List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 15 2001 9:17pm
Subject:Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection active
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Cadach <paul@stripped> writes:

Paul> Hi,
Paul> ----- Original Message -----
Paul> From: <awysocki@stripped>
Paul> To: <internals@stripped>
Paul> Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 6:14 AM
Paul> Subject: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection
Paul> active

>> OS: Redhat Linux 7.0
>> MySQL: 3.23.35
>> Language: C & PHP
>>
>> I'm not sure this is the correct list, if so please point me in the right
>> direction
>>
>> I've been using MySQL for about a year or so now.  I've just recently
>> create my first MyISAM table.  This table is used for JPG and PNG images.
>> I can insert row, select row, delete row.  It works just fine, but my
>> myisamchk fails each night with an warning message saying that the table
Paul> it
>> OK, but the table was not closed properly.  My 'C' code is very simple,
>> Open a handle to the database, insert the row, close the handle. The only
>> catch that I can see is that I'm using a medium blob data type.  If I run
>> myisamchk right after my program finishes (returns to a command prompt)  I
>> get the following error.
>>
>> myisamchk: MyISAM file .../photos.MYI
>> myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
>> MyISAM-table '.../photos.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

Paul> It's looks like your table still open by the server.

>> How am I suppose to close a table?  I don't see this on my isam tables

Paul> Just try to do "FLUSH TABLES" immediately before running myisamchk and
Paul> guarantee no SQL questions will use this table until it's checked.

Paul> To run myisamchk and server "in parallel" remove "--skip-locking" argument
Paul> to the mysqld (somewhere in safe_mysqld), but it will slow down your server
Paul> a bit.

As stated in the MySQL manual;  You should NOT run myisamchk when the
mysqld server is up and running.  You should instead use CHECK table
and REPAIR table!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeawysocki14 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach14 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius15 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach16 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius16 Apr