List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 15 2001 12:03pm
Subject:Re: Patch to help compilations under Cygwin
View as plain text
Hi!

>> Peter, thanks for the patch.  I've changed it quite a bit.
Pete> Ah yes, that looks cleaner! Mine was really an 'approach which works for now"
Pete> type thing.

>> Here's what I've applied.  Please try the next MySQL release and
>> let me know if it works for you.  If you're up to it, you could
>> try building the server as well, to see what happens.

Pete> I will certainly have a try at building the server. My biggest problem with the
Pete> make stuff though is that 'make install' fails apparently due to it
Pete> trying to install proram names which are not suffixed bith .exe. Is there
Pete> and easy way to state tthat for Cyygwin a .exe should be appended ? I've
Pete> seen a 'suffixes' variable on a few other ported programs.

Tim has to answer this one.

Pete> Whens the next release due out for me to have a go at then ?

We should have 3.23.37 out by Tuesday.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French12 Apr
  • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinTimothy Smith14 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French14 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinMichael Widenius15 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinTimothy Smith16 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinSinisa Milivojevic17 Apr
    • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinPete French20 Apr
      • Re: Patch to help compilations under CygwinMichael Widenius21 Apr