List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:April 14 2001 2:21am
Subject:Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection active
View as plain text
Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: <awysocki@stripped>
To: <internals@stripped>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 6:14 AM
Subject: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection
active

> OS: Redhat Linux 7.0
> MySQL: 3.23.35
> Language: C & PHP
>
> I'm not sure this is the correct list, if so please point me in the right
> direction
>
> I've been using MySQL for about a year or so now.  I've just recently
> create my first MyISAM table.  This table is used for JPG and PNG images.
> I can insert row, select row, delete row.  It works just fine, but my
> myisamchk fails each night with an warning message saying that the table
it
> OK, but the table was not closed properly.  My 'C' code is very simple,
> Open a handle to the database, insert the row, close the handle. The only
> catch that I can see is that I'm using a medium blob data type.  If I run
> myisamchk right after my program finishes (returns to a command prompt)  I
> get the following error.
>
> myisamchk: MyISAM file .../photos.MYI
> myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
> MyISAM-table '.../photos.MYI' is usable but should be fixed

It's looks like your table still open by the server.

> How am I suppose to close a table?  I don't see this on my isam tables

Just try to do "FLUSH TABLES" immediately before running myisamchk and
guarantee no SQL questions will use this table until it's checked.

To run myisamchk and server "in parallel" remove "--skip-locking" argument
to the mysqld (somewhere in safe_mysqld), but it will slow down your server
a bit.

WBR,
Paul.

Thread
INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeawysocki14 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach14 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius15 Apr
  • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activePaul Cadach16 Apr
    • Re: INSERT/DELETE myisamchk reports table not closed or connection activeMichael Widenius16 Apr