List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dana Prescott Kennedy Powers Date:April 10 2001 8:31pm
Subject:Re: Perl + Mysql
View as plain text
First out, it wont be PERL/SQL ( like PL/SQL ), it will just be perl. I cant speak
to whether the mysql team ( of which Im not a part ) will like the code and
actually decide to merge it into the main code base. Other than that, the code
itself should become a reality fairly soon.
dpk

Russell E Glaue wrote:

> So is it safe to say, that an embeded PERL/SQL language for MySQL might
> become a reality in the not-too-soon future?  This would be very
> wonderful.
> -RG
>
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Dana Prescott Kennedy Powers wrote:
>
> > Well, to start with it will be a way to quickly write UDFs ( User-Defined
> > Functions ) in perl ( eventually python, or javascript or whatnot ). The
> > current UDF system does not, however, provide call-backs into the mysqld
> > server - so you wont be able to create a function that queries table X and
> > Inserts into table Y and returns value Z ( well not without spawning external
> > connections, which is _not_ a good idea ). Not in the beginning, anyway ;)
> > dpk
> >
> > Russell E Glaue wrote:
> >
> > > You mean we'll then have an embeded PERL language in MySQL just like the
> > > PL/SQL language is embeded in Oracle?
> > > This sounds so great!  I can't believe it hasn't though of before.
> > > -RG

Thread
Perl + MysqlDana Prescott Kennedy Powers30 Mar
  • Re: Perl + Mysqlbarries30 Mar
    • Re: Perl + Mysqlbarries30 Mar
  • Perl + MysqlMichael Widenius31 Mar
  • Re: Perl + MysqlDana Prescott Kennedy Powers2 Apr
    • Re: Perl + MysqlMichael Widenius2 Apr
  • Re: Perl + MysqlRussell E Glaue9 Apr
    • Re: Perl + MysqlDana Prescott Kennedy Powers10 Apr
      • Re: Perl + MysqlCristian Giussani10 Apr
      • Re: Perl + MysqlRussell E Glaue10 Apr
        • Re: Perl + MysqlDana Prescott Kennedy Powers10 Apr
  • Re: Perl + MysqlRussell E Glaue20 Jun
    • Re: Perl + MysqlDana Powers21 Jun
      • Re: Perl + Mysqlbarries22 Jun
        • Re: Perl + MysqlRussell E Glaue22 Jun
          • Re: Perl + Mysqlbarries22 Jun
            • Re: Perl + MysqlSasha Pachev23 Jun
              • MySQL SNMPRussell E Glaue23 Jun
                • Re: MySQL SNMPSasha Pachev24 Jun
        • Re: Perl + MysqlDana Powers27 Aug
    • Re: Perl + MysqlSinisa Milivojevic22 Jun