List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 26 2000 4:05pm
Subject:Re: MYSQL.DLL TODO item in MySQL Windows
View as plain text
On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 12:51:00PM +0100, Duncan Harris wrote:
> I was wondering about completing the item mentioned in MySQL
> documentation section 4.12.9:
>
> > Make a single-user MYSQL.DLL server. This should include everything
> > in a standard MySQL server, except thread creation. This will make
> > MySQL much easier to use in applications that don't need a true
> > client/server and don't need to access the server from other hosts.
>
> Who knows if anyone is working on this?

We did have one customer who was working on this and planning to
submit the code.  They said they'd have it done several weeks ago,
and I haven't heard anything about it, so I don't know if they
dropped the project or if it's almost done, or what.  Unfortunately,
I also don't remember who it was, so I can't contact them to find
out.

> Who can give me an outline as to the work involved so I could assess
> whether I can do it?

Monty and David are on a trip to the US right now, and may take a
while to get to their e-mail.  Probably Monty would be the best one
to explain what is involved in this project.

> P.S. I thought about directing this to the Win32 list, but I tried a
> development like question on there and got no response, so I thought
> maybe this list was more appropriate.

Yes, this list is best for these kinds of questions.  The changes
made for this feature will affect lots of the MySQL code, probably.

Tim
--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Tim Smith <tim@stripped>