List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 13 2001 8:17pm
Subject:MySQL parallel server
View as plain text
Hi!

Denis> Hi,
Denis> Today, I answer to myself :)
>> "2 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly."

Denis> Denis, _please_ read the manual (chapter 8.1) which said:
Denis> There is a flag in the MyISAM file that indicates whether or not the table
Denis> was closed correctly.

Denis> I think, it may help me. Recently, I've read that B-tree have their root
Denis> node in memory (read from the disk only _once_, at start, and updated to
Denis> disk when needed). Is it true for MyISAM tables ? It could be a real
Denis> problem (in cluster context) if root node is not read before any access.

MyISAM keeps a lot of statics in in the first block for each MyISAM
file. This block will be read after each issued file lock and updated
before any file lock is released.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL parallel serverDenis Pithon12 Mar
  • MySQL parallel serverMichael Widenius13 Mar