List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:March 12 2001 10:10am
Subject:Re: Documentation on network protocol available?
View as plain text
Dirk Munzinger wrote:

> Moin,
>
> > Is there any documentation on the protocol available, apart from reverse
> > engeneering the code?
>
> What documentation do you need ? The structur of the packets send
> between the clients and the server ?
> A few weeks ago I have started - with a lot of help from Monty - to
> analyze the basics of the protocol, currently without the compression
> option.  The documentation is not finished yet but if you want it I can
> send it to you and maybe we can finish it together.
> If you are common with perl I can also give you some code which could
> help you to understand what's going on

I must admit, all I know of the protocol, I learned from the C client
sources and from that, wrote a Pascal version (for the Virtual Pascal
compiler, Win32/OS2 modes)

--
ANTONY T CURTIS                     Tel: +44 (1635) 36222
Abacus Polar Holdings Ltd           Fax: +44 (1635) 38670
> Hardware, n.:
> 	The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.
Thread
Documentation on network protocol available?Gerhard Häring8 Mar
  • Re: Documentation on network protocol available?Sinisa Milivojevic8 Mar
  • Re: Documentation on network protocol available?Sasha Pachev8 Mar
  • Re: Documentation on network protocol available?Gerhard Häring8 Mar
  • Re: Documentation on network protocol available?Unknown Sender9 Mar
  • Re: Documentation on network protocol available?Antony T Curtis12 Mar