List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 26 2000 3:12pm
Subject:Re: A suggestion on Replication
View as plain text
On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:32:05AM +0200, Christian Rabe wrote:
> There are 3 cases, so far I know, when the slave gets a query
> to break on.
>
> First: there are Tables on the master that are not on the slave
> and you write to them.
>
> Second: You use temporary tables,which are not temporary on the
> slave and therefore not deletet afterward.  So the Slave breaks
> the moment you try to recreate it on the master.  In this two
> cases the command "SET SQL_LOG_BIN = 0" can help you, which
> switches the logging off.
>
> Third: You make a flush slave without a former flush
> master. The slave reads then all existing logfiles anew which
> can lead to problems with duplicate entries on the slave and
> BANG!

Fourth: There's a bug in MySQL's replication code.  It's not a
good idea to proceed in the face of an error - unless you don't
care whether your data are correct or not.

Tim
--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Tim Smith <tim@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Development Team
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Boone, NC  USA
       <___/   www.mysql.com
Thread
A suggestion on ReplicationWei He26 Oct
  • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
    • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationThimble Smith26 Oct
    • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationWei He1 Nov
      • Re: A suggestion on ReplicationChristian Rabe1 Nov
  • Re: A suggestion on Replicationsasha26 Oct
  • Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationsasha26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe26 Oct
  • Re: Strange behavior of flush logs with the replicationChristian Rabe27 Oct