List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tristan 'Minty' Colgate Date:February 21 2001 10:46am
Subject:Once again... quotas...]
View as plain text
Hi There,

  I have recently been asked to implement per database quotas
for mysql for a large scale shared webhosting environmnet,
from the lists it seems pretty obvious that mysql cant achieve
this at the moment (without using filesystem quotas), file
system quotaing is pretty awkward with our environment.

  Ive been asked to investigate the possibility of implementing
this and my boss has agreed that we can release the code back
to the community if we decide to do it.

  I found one posting that mentioned that someone at MySQL
had some ideas on how you would like this implemented, if
this is still the case could they post them to me, if it
can fit in our timeframe Id be more than happy to do it.

  It really would be a nice feature.

--
Tristan 'Minty' Colgate
<minty@stripped> | ICQ #645908