List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 21 2001 7:40am
Subject:Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definition
View as plain text
Hi!

<cut>

Fred> I recompiled with >= and restarted mysqld with concurrent inserts.
Fred> My original problem hasn't happened since then after a bit of
Fred> testing.

Fred> It does seem that merge tables will not be the only tables affected.
Fred> Probably the following query would show similar symptoms:

Fred> select indexfield, tablefield from myisamtable
Fred> where indexfield >= 990 order by indexfield desc

Fred> That is, if I'm correct that it would use the index going backwards
Fred> and reading each record from the table as well.

MySQL can't yet optimize ORDER BY with DESC to reading index
backwards; This is however something we have on our TODO to fix.

>> Ouch, you are right. Thanks for spotting this!

Fred> Glad I could help a bit. Will the fix be in 3.23.34 ?

Yes, of course. We don't make a new release with any known repeatable bugs!

Fred> Thanks for your fast support and a wonderful product.

Thanks.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definitionMichael Widenius18 Feb
  • Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definitionFred van Engen18 Feb
    • Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definitionMichael Widenius18 Feb
      • Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definitionFred van Engen18 Feb
        • Re: "DELETE FROM mergetable" clears merge definitionMichael Widenius21 Feb