List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 27 2002 8:49am
Subject:Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Jocelyn" == Jocelyn Fournier <joc@stripped> writes:

Jocelyn> Hi,
Jocelyn> I want to sum up here the problems I encounter with insert delayed thread.
>> From time to time (quite rare, but I reproduced the problem on several
Jocelyn> servers), the insert delayed thread seems to "lock" the table. (all process
Jocelyn> are in "waiting for the table" state)

<cut>

>> DESTRUCTOR CALLED ; delayed_insert_threads : 42
>> dest Mutex addr : 141851908
>> pthread_handler_decl (end:), destructor called mutex addr 147339436;
>> delayed_insert_threads : 0
>> DESTRUCTOR CALLED ; delayed_insert_threads : 0

<cut>

Jocelyn> It seems something reinitialize delayed_insert_threads between the 141851908
Jocelyn> mutex and the 147339436.

This is very strange;  As you said it's only in the
constructor/destructor delayed_insert_threads are changed.

checking....

ok, finally found and tracked down this long time bug...
It was wrongly reset on 'FLUSH STATUS'

Will push the fix into 3.23 and 4.0 today.
(This will not fix the waiting for tables problems, for this we need
another test case)

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
   __  ___     ___ ____  __

Thread
Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jocelyn Fournier31 Aug
  • Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Michael Widenius27 Sep
  • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. More clues...Jocelyn Fournier2 Oct
Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem?Steven Roussey31 Aug
  • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jocelyn Fournier31 Aug
    • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Michael Widenius27 Sep
  • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jocelyn Fournier1 Oct
Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem?Antoine31 Aug
  • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jocelyn Fournier31 Aug
  • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jocelyn Fournier1 Sep
    • RE: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem?Steven Roussey1 Sep
      • Re: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Jeremy Zawodny2 Sep
        • RE: Problem with insert delayed thread. Perhaps a linuxthread problem ?Steven Roussey2 Sep