List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 6 2001 10:22pm
Subject:Re: questions about testing new install (merge fails)
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped> writes:

Sasha> On Friday 02 February 2001 10:34, Chris Richmond MD6-FDC wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I've downloaded, compiled, and insatlled mysql-3.23.32.
>> I'm running on a Sparc Ultra10, Solaris 2.5.1, using gcc
>> gcc version cygnus-2.7-96q4.
>>
>> I'm trying to run the test suite and I had to disable dbd
>> since in I didn't include BerkleyDB, and innobase
>> since its also not available.
>>
>> The test that is failing is merge.  The sdiff of the results
>> are here:
>>
>> host:/eng/db/MySQL/mysql-test/r> sdiff merge.reject merge.result
>> a       b                                                          a    b
>> 1       Testing                                                    1
Sasha> Testing
>> 2       table                                                      2    table
>> 3       t1                                                         3    t1
>> 1       Testing                                                    1
Sasha> Testing
>> 2       table                                                      2    table
>> 3       t2                                                         3    t2
>> a       b                                                          a    b
>> 1       Testing                                                 |  3    t1
>> 1       Testing                                                 |  3    t2
>> 1       Testing                                                 |  2    table
>> 1       Testing                                                 |  2    table
>> 1       Testing                                                    1
Sasha> Testing
>> 1       Testing                                                    1
Sasha> Testing

>> The rest is identical.  How do I interpret these results? Is something
>> broken, or should I skip this test also?

Sasha> This means there is either a bug in the test case, or in MySQL merge itself.
Sasha> Do not use merge feature until Monty and/or Serg resolve this issue. If other
Sasha> tests passed, and you are not using merge tables, you can use the binary you
Sasha> have built.

I did a check of this on our Solaris 2.7 sparc machine with
shell> gcc -v
Reading specs from /my/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.95/specs

and for me merge worked perfectly.

Could you try to either upgrade gcc to the above or configure mysqld
with --debug and run

cd mysql-test
mysql-test-run --local --debug merge

and mail me the file 'var/tmp/master.trace'

Regards.
Monty
Thread
questions about testing new install (merge fails)Chris Richmond MD6-FDC2 Feb
  • Re: questions about testing new install (merge fails)Sasha Pachev2 Feb
    • Re: questions about testing new install (merge fails)Michael Widenius6 Feb
Re: questions about testing new install (merge fails)Chris Richmond MD6-FDC5 Feb
  • Re: questions about testing new install (merge fails)Thimble Smith6 Feb