List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:February 5 2001 11:17pm
Subject:Re: connect string
View as plain text
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:38:13AM -0800, Bruce Rhodewalt wrote:
> Using Win32 1.7.4-1, I can't connect to anything.  My connect string always
> contains a trailing "@" character.  That is, when the user is set to kris,
> and my option says not to prompt for a password, and the host is
> uscspdca04.uscsinc.com, I get the following error:
>
> Access denied for user: 'kris@' (Using password: NO)
>
> However, the following command works at the shell on the machine in
> question:
>
> mysqladmin -u kris -h uscspdca04.uscsinc.com ping

Thanks for your interest in MySQL.  This particular list is
meant for discussing changes to the MySQL code itself.  You
can find out which list to use on our web site:

    http://www.mysql.com/documentation/lists.html

When in doubt, write mysql@stripped.  You don't have
to subscribe in order to write the list.  You might also
want to write the win32 list.

Tim

P.S.  Have you checked the manual section on Access denied
errors?  It says, "If you get an error message where the hostname
is not shown ...".

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Tim Smith <tim@stripped>