List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 9 2002 7:21am
Subject:Re: bk commit into 4.0 tree
View as plain text
Hi!

Arjen> Hi Benjamin,

<cut>

>> Just for curiosity, why is \032 (i.e. 0x1A) is treated as special
>> char? Is this a typo or has \032 indead a special meaning that I did
>> not notice anywhere yet?

Arjen> Ctrl-Z, EOF char in DOS/Windows.

The reason for treating this specially is if you save the result of
QUOTE() in a text file to execute it through the MySQL client, you
will get problems on windows if CTRL-Z is not quoted.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
bk commit into 4.0 treeramil8 Aug
  • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeBenjamin Pflugmann8 Aug
    • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeArjen Lentz9 Aug
      • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeMichael Widenius9 Aug
        • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeBenjamin Pflugmann9 Aug