List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 8 2002 3:35pm
Subject:Re: bk commit into 4.0 tree
View as plain text
Hi!

Tim> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 09:55:32AM -0500, paul@stripped wrote:
>> +using @code{safe_mysqld} instead of @code{mysqld} directly here is,
>> +that @code{safe_mysqld} ``guards'' every @code{mysqld} process and will

Tim> Now that safe_mysqld has been renamed mysqld_safe in v4.0.0, is
Tim> there a policy for which the docs should refer to?

Tim> Will future v3.23.x releases ship with both to allow migration
Tim> (and for the docs to be updated to only refer to the new name)?

Maybe it would be better to ship 4.0 with safe_mysqld linked with
mysqld_safe ?

I have now changed our binary distribution to include a symlink
from safe_mysqld to mysqld_safe.

Lenz, can you please do the same for the RPM's ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
bk commit into 4.0 treepaul1 Aug
  • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeTim Bunce1 Aug
    • Re: bk commit into 4.0 treeMichael Widenius8 Aug