List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:January 31 2001 5:26pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Connection Handle & IPC
View as plain text
Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave" <dave@stripped>
To: <internals@stripped>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:59 PM
Subject: MySQL Connection Handle & IPC

> Anyone have any ideas on how to store/retrieve an mysql
connection handle
> (object?) via shmget and friends? (in C of course)
>
> I have been playing with IPC some and I would think that I
should be able to
> store an open connection handle in shared mem and go back
and get it later,
> stat it and use it...is this reasonable and can it be
done??

It's impossible because MySQL object contains real
connection's file descriptor which is private for its opened
application.

I think you must write a connection daemon which gets
queries over IPC and sends them to MySQL (and gets results
from MySQL and stores it in shared memory), plus some
inter-process communications... Do you really requires IPC?
As I think this IPC communication will be more slow than
existing scheme or, at least, not faster.

WBR,
Paul.

Thread
MySQL Connection Handle & IPCDave31 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Connection Handle & IPCPaul Cadach31 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Connection Handle & IPCPaul Cadach31 Jan
  • Re: GSoC Week 12 - July 20 - July 26 | per query variable settingsSergei Golubchik28 Jul