List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Cadach Date:January 26 2001 6:40pm
Subject:Re: parallel Mysql ?
View as plain text
Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Cole <jeremy@stripped>
To: Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
Cc: Paul Cadach <paul@stripped>; Steven Roussey
<sroussey@stripped>; Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped>;
MySQL Internals <internals@stripped>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 4:33 PM

> Hi,
>
> > Paul> What do you think about replication algorithm
described in
> > Paul> some RFC's drafts for replicating LDAP databases?
> >
> > Sorry, but I haven't read these.  Do you have a good
link or book
> > reference to these?
>
> RFC 1276 is "Replication and Distributed Operations
extensions to provide
> an Internet Directory using X.500" or in short "Internet
Directory
> Replication"

Jeremy, you are wrong. It's very old and non-decribtive
document about replication technique for LDAP.

For now it's named as "LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update
Protocols (ldup)" and working information can be found at
(for example):
ftp://ftp.ripe.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-*.txt

WBR,
Paul.

Thread
Re: parallel Mysql ?Paul Cadach26 Jan