List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 24 2002 4:16pm
Subject:OS X 10.1.5 Missing Data Problem -- Where does zBooterMnt come
from ---- will HAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH fix it?
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Engelhardt <mark@stripped> writes:

Mark> Hello,
Mark> I am running MYSQL 3.23.49 built from source using this command.

Mark> ./configure --/prefix=/shipstore

<cut>

Mark> About once per week, mysql loses its memory of where the databases are
Mark> stored on the hard disk...

<cut>

Mark> I am hoping  (based on a similar problem on os x server 1.0)  that compiling
Mark> mysql with this command:

Mark>   setenv CFLAGS "-DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH"  ; ./configure --/prefix=/shipstore

Mark> Will fix the problem...

Mark> Am I right?

In the pash, if MySQL don't remember it's current directory, it has
been because realpath() doesn't work on the given OS.

We recently got some emails about this for Mac OS X and we are in the
next build going to add the -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH to CFLAGS while
compiling MySQL.

Mark> If I am right... It brings up 2 questions...

Mark> 1)  shouldn't the default ./configure command set the
Mark> "-DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH" flag automatically on os x?

It will be done in next version.

Mark> 2) should the fact that "define HAVE_REALPATH 1" is commented out in
Mark> config.h  mean that the real path problem should not occur on os x?

Yes, it normally means that.

On our MacOS X system (on which we build the standard MySQL release)
we have HAVE_REALPATH in our config.h file.

How did you configure MySQL ?

Mark> What is the best work around for this issue?  Will a fix be rolled in?

For now, compiling with -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH should fix this, if you
have HAVE_REALPATH=1 in your config.h file.

If this is not the case, you have a different build environment than
we have and we need to know more to help you.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
bk commit into 4.0 treemiguel22 Jun