List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudia Isabel Nunez Robinson Date:October 18 2013 9:21pm
Subject:RE: K-means clustering using native functions
View as plain text
Thanks for the email Alf.

You are totally right, there are multiple tools available to perform any machine learning
or data mining analysis such as k-means with in many advanced forms. One of them is weka,
which I used recently and is open-sourced. And just like weka, there are many others.

Let's say I would like to perform a k-mean clustering using native functions mainly for
academic purposes. I know there might be a significant negative impact on performance, at
least in comparison with in-memory like tools.

So, this is why question still remains open. I would like to stick to or discard the
possibility of implementing a k-mean clustering algorithm using native functions.

Thanks again for your reply,

Claudia