List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alf. Hester Date:October 17 2013 5:41am
Subject:Re: K-means clustering using native functions
View as plain text
Hi Caludia,

my experiences with K-Means Clustering shows that it is much faster and
more flexible than a (direct) database approach to perform it in
computer memory.
Usually for the most widely used programming languages still solutions
(more or less modular) exist.
Primarily datas path DB -> K-Means Module has to be done.

Alf.

Am 17.10.2013 07:21, schrieb Nunez Robinson, Claudia Isabel:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new working with the mysql code and have couple of questions I hope the members
> of this mailing list can help me to answer.
>
> I would like to implement a k-mean clustering function in mysql using the native
> functions in mysql. In order to assign an element/tuple to a cluster, I need to do some
> pre-computations using all the tuples in a given table. I know that due to the atomicity
> property, this is probably very hard to achieve using native functions.
>
> So, my question is, is it possible to access/read all the tuples in a table from a
> native function? If the answer is yes, can you point me to a current function that does
> this (I haven't found any so far). If the answer is no, could you recommend another right
> way of doing this?
>
> Thanks for your kind reply,
>
> Claudia

Thread
K-means clustering using native functionsClaudia Isabel Nunez Robinson17 Oct
  • Re: K-means clustering using native functionsAlf. Hester17 Oct
    • RE: K-means clustering using native functionsClaudia Isabel Nunez Robinson18 Oct