List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudia Isabel Nunez Robinson Date:October 17 2013 5:21am
Subject:K-means clustering using native functions
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm new working with the mysql code and have couple of questions I hope the members of
this mailing list can help me to answer.

I would like to implement a k-mean clustering function in mysql using the native
functions in mysql. In order to assign an element/tuple to a cluster, I need to do some
pre-computations using all the tuples in a given table. I know that due to the atomicity
property, this is probably very hard to achieve using native functions.

So, my question is, is it possible to access/read all the tuples in a table from a native
function? If the answer is yes, can you point me to a current function that does this (I
haven't found any so far). If the answer is no, could you recommend another right way of
doing this?

Thanks for your kind reply,

Claudia

Thread
K-means clustering using native functionsClaudia Isabel Nunez Robinson17 Oct
  • Re: K-means clustering using native functionsAlf. Hester17 Oct
    • RE: K-means clustering using native functionsClaudia Isabel Nunez Robinson18 Oct