List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 1 2013 2:42pm
Subject:Re: effects of load data local on RSS
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Zardosht" == Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> writes:

Zardosht> As I understand it, LOAD DATA LOCAL acts basically like ignore. It
Zardosht> sets table->file->extra(HA_EXTRA_IGNORE_DUP_KEY).

Where does it do that?
(LOCAL should not have anything to do with IGNORE).

The code we have in MariaDB 5.5 is:

    if (ignore ||
	handle_duplicates == DUP_REPLACE)
      table->file->extra(HA_EXTRA_IGNORE_DUP_KEY);

This has nothing to do with LOCAL.

Zardosht> What I am wondering is why would LOAD DATA LOCAL use more RSS than
Zardosht> LOAD DATA IGNORE for us, but not for InnoDB. Does anyone have any
Zardosht> theories?

RSS?

As LOCAL and IGNORE are independent flags that have nothing to do with
each other, I can't answer your question.

My previous answer should cover most things about using or not using IGNORE.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff28 Feb
  • effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius28 Feb
    • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff28 Feb
      • Re: effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius1 Mar
        • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff1 Mar
          • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff6 Mar
            • Re: effects of load data local on RSSDavi Arnaut6 Mar
          • Re: effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius6 Mar