List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:February 28 2013 2:08am
Subject:effects of load data local on RSS
View as plain text
Hello all,

We have noticed something peculiar to our storage engine, but could
not reproduce with InnoDB. We notice when a user runs load data local
infile, that a lot of memory that we cannot account for gets used by
the system, sometimes leading the system to crash from being low on
memory. However, when running load data infile ignore, we see no such
issues.

As far as I can tell, the settings for the handler are the same for
load data local infile and load data infile ignore. Both load many
rows within the context of a single statement, and both set the flag
HA_EXTRA_IGNORE_DUP_KEY in handler::extra. Otherwise, as far as the
handler is concerned, these two look identical. Yet one utilizes much
more RSS than the other, and we do not see this behavior with InnoDB.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be happening?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff28 Feb
  • effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius28 Feb
    • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff28 Feb
      • Re: effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius1 Mar
        • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff1 Mar
          • Re: effects of load data local on RSSZardosht Kasheff6 Mar
            • Re: effects of load data local on RSSDavi Arnaut6 Mar
          • Re: effects of load data local on RSSMichael Widenius6 Mar