List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:AugustQ Date:February 15 2013 2:20pm
Subject:API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too different
View as plain text
Hello to everyone.

I got this error-message yesterday and I don't know what's wrong here on
my machine. So let me describe the situation:

I'm using MySql 5.5.8, sources.

on a command-line I cd to the source-directory and enter: make clean

After this I do a: make install

when this finished without any error I cd to this
directory: /usr/local/mysql
and start the server:  bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
then I connect to it: bin/mysql
now I enter: mysql> INSTALL PLUGIN dbf SONAME 'ha_dbf.so';
and the response is this:
ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared library 'ha_dbf.so' (errno: 0 API
version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too different)

OK, it was a fresh compile so everything should be fine. Here are some
details:
in /usr/local/mysql/bin:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  55764444 Feb 15 11:08 mysqld

in /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  283275 Feb 15 11:01 ha_dbf.so

it looks like everything is indeed freshly compiled so the API should be
OK, otherwise I expect an error-message during compile or linking.

What's going on here? What ma I doing wrong?

Thanks
AugustQ

PS: ha_dbf is a class I created by myself. Everything else seems to
work.

Thread
API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too differentAugustQ15 Feb
  • Re: API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too differentSergei Golubchik15 Feb
    • Re: API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too differentAugustQ15 Feb
      • Re: API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too differentMarc Alff15 Feb
  • Re: API version for STORAGE ENGINE plugin is too differentAugustQ16 Feb