List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:February 12 2013 1:54pm
Subject:debugging how query plans are made
View as plain text
Hello all,

In MySQL and/or MariaDB, are there any hooks or methods one can use to
learn why a query plan is chosen over alternatives? We sometimes
notice that a different query plan is chosen for us than InnoDB (which
may be fine, given we are a different storage engine), and we would
like to better understand why. Is there any debug parameter that gets
MySQL to output decisions made in the optimizer?

debugging how query plans are madeZardosht Kasheff12 Feb
  • Re: debugging how query plans are madeØystein Grøvlen12 Feb