Ill try it again because my other messages were returned to me....
thanks for your hints.
I looked at this site:
on the bottom of the site I found hints to the source so I downloaded
the file labeled AMD64. But this gz-file does not contain the sources so
I tried it with the file mysql-5.5.8.tar.gz.
After unpacking this file I could compile the sources in it. I did not
start the server until now, but will do it over the weekend.
In the moment the problem is solved. If I have further questions I will
Thanks for your tip!
PS: I've tried it with older version because this version worked on my
old machine (and I'm a bit familiar with the structure and the sources).