List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bjorn Munch Date:February 6 2013 9:09am
Subject:Re: source does not compile
View as plain text
On 06/02 09.28, Marc Alff wrote:

> To build 5.5, you should use the 5.5 documentation, not 5.1.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/installing-source-distribution.html
>
> The build system changed from configure to cmake.

I'm pretty sure this happened *after* 5.5.0 so would not apply here.

> Also, are you sure you want to use version 5.5.0 ?
>
> MySQL 5.5 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL
> 5.5.8, which was released for production use on 3 December 2010.
>
> so 5.5.0 is not GA code.

Right, 5.5.0 is not what you want to run. If it really is 5.5.0 you
have.

To the OP: BTW, it looks like you removed the actual error message
from your email so we can't see what is the problem.

It would also help if you mention what OS and compiler version you are
using.

- Bjorn Munch
Thread
source does not compileAugustQ5 Feb
  • Re: source does not compileMarc Alff6 Feb
    • Re: source does not compileBjorn Munch6 Feb
Re: source does not compileAugustQ8 Feb