List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Alff Date:February 6 2013 8:28am
Subject:Re: source does not compile
View as plain text
Hi,

On 2/5/13 4:46 PM, AugustQ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that this is a beginners-question but please allow me to post it:
> the source-code of MySQL does not compile on my machine here.
>
> Everything worked fine in the past until I had a crassh on the hard-disk
> so I bought a new one and created everything from scratch, the OS, all
> applications etc., all of the latest versions.
>
> For (re)installing the source-code of MySQL I followed the rules given
> here:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/installing-source-distribution.html
>
> The version of MySQL here is: mysql-5.5.0-m2.tar
> With this version of the source everything worked fine on the old
> machine.

To build 5.5, you should use the 5.5 documentation, not 5.1.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/installing-source-distribution.html

The build system changed from configure to cmake.

Not sure if it will fix your issue, but at least this should help.

Also, are you sure you want to use version 5.5.0 ?

MySQL 5.5 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.5.8,
which was released for production use on 3 December 2010.

so 5.5.0 is not GA code.

The latest release in the 5.5 version is 5.5.30.

The latest GA release, as of yesterday, is 5.6.10.

Regards,
-- Marc

Thread
source does not compileAugustQ5 Feb
  • Re: source does not compileMarc Alff6 Feb
    • Re: source does not compileBjorn Munch6 Feb
Re: source does not compileAugustQ8 Feb