List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:January 30 2013 4:55pm
Subject:Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?
View as plain text
Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> writes:

> Is there a proposal somewhere for eliminating the need for fsyncs on a
> slave? As I understand, MWL#164 still requires the fsync.

Do you mean for MariaDB? My intention is that MDEV-26 will make the slave
crash-safe without the need for fsync() if no --log-slave-updates. If binlog
is enabled, then fsync() will still be needed to prevent the binlog and the
engine from getting out of sync.

 - Kristian.
Thread
what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
  • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen28 Jan
    • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
      • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen28 Jan
        • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
    • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Stewart Smith29 Jan
      • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in anInnoDB table?Vadim Tkachenko29 Jan
        • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in anInnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff30 Jan
          • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen30 Jan