List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:January 30 2013 3:51pm
Subject:Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an
InnoDB table?
View as plain text
Stewart, thanks for the feedback. That this was simple for Drizzle is
encouraging to hear.

Is there a proposal somewhere for eliminating the need for fsyncs on a
slave? As I understand, MWL#164 still requires the fsync.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Vadim Tkachenko <vadim@stripped> wrote:
> Stewart,
>
> I would pretty much like to see benchmarks numbers, especially
> under IO-bound workload before agreeing that it performs well.
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Stewart Smith <stewart@stripped>
> wrote:
>> Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@stripped> writes:
>>> You will be writing your data *6* times: To the real table, when flushing
> its
>>> buffer pool pages. To the double-write buffer while flushing, and to the
> redo
>>> log before flushing. Then to the binlog table, and before that to the redo
> log
>>> and the doublewrite buffer. I could never reconcile myself with this.
>>
>> Mind you, it performs really quite well due to the reduced fsync()s and
>> (at least in Drizzle code) was rather trivial to implement. Big bang for
>> buck :)
>>
>> --
>> Stewart Smith
>

> --
> Vadim Tkachenko, CTO, Percona
> Phone +1-925-400-7377,  Skype: vadimtk153
> Schedule meeting: http://meetme.so/VadimTkachenko
>
> Join us in Santa Clara for the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013!
> http://www.percona.com/live/mysql-conference-2013/
>
> Looking for Replication with Data Consistency?
> Try Percona XtraDB Cluster!
Thread
what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
  • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen28 Jan
    • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
      • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen28 Jan
        • Re: what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff28 Jan
    • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Stewart Smith29 Jan
      • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in anInnoDB table?Vadim Tkachenko29 Jan
        • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in anInnoDB table?Zardosht Kasheff30 Jan
          • Re: [Maria-developers] what pros/cons of storing binary log in an InnoDB table?Kristian Nielsen30 Jan