List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:January 18 2013 4:47am
Subject:detecting select SQL statements that are functions
View as plain text
Hello all,

In our storage engine's handler, we would like to be able to detect
when a statement is just a simple select statement, that is,
"read-only".

In MySQL 5.6, InnoDB seems to do this with the function thd_trx_is_auto_commit.

We have tried to do something similar in MySQL 5.5.

The problem we run into is when the select statement is a function,
and the function performs a write. With the thd, is there a way to
detect that the statement is not a simple select, but rather calling a
function?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
detecting select SQL statements that are functionsZardosht Kasheff18 Jan
  • Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsDmitry Lenev18 Jan
  • Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsSergei Golubchik18 Jan
    • Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsDmitry Lenev18 Jan
      • Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsSergei Golubchik18 Jan
        • Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsDmitry Lenev18 Jan
Re: detecting select SQL statements that are functionsZardosht Kasheff18 Jan