List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad Date:December 18 2012 11:46am
Subject:What are Oracle / mysql licening terms for plugins and server embeding
View as plain text
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone explain teh liceing terms for following items,

> MySQL Plugins (Plugable Storage Eegines, Security Plugin, Audit  Plugins , etc)
   - Can I disctribute / sell my custom storage engines / other
plugins as commerical product?

> Embeded MySQL Server
   - Will I need to open source my application with embeded MySQL server?

> Forked MySQL Server
  - What are licening terms for custom / extended / revised MySQL
Server solutions like the one provided by Percona, Drizzle and
MariaDB? Can I maintain both open and commerical versions of branded
MySQL Server solution?

Thanks and regards,
Shaukat Mahmood Ahamd.
Thread
What are Oracle / mysql licening terms for plugins and server embedingShaukat Mahmood Ahmad18 Dec
  • Re: What are Oracle / mysql licening terms for plugins and server embedingStewart Smith19 Dec
  • re: What are Oracle / mysql licening terms for plugins and server embedingMichael Widenius19 Dec
    • Re: What are Oracle / mysql licening terms for plugins and server embedingShaukat Mahmood Ahmad21 Dec