List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad Date:December 17 2012 2:50pm
Subject:Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column
attributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parser
View as plain text
Thanks Stewart, what if I plan to merge MariaDB changes to MySQL
source, what is mysql policy to accpet such patches?

Regards,
Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Stewart Smith <stewart@stripped> wrote:
> Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad <write@stripped> writes:
>> I am unable to fingure this out in mysql source code, can anyone me to
>> make it possible inMySQL source code (Plugable Storage Engine
>> Development).
>
> This is one of the things that the MariaDB guys implemented and AFAIK
> Oracle has not implemented something similar. So it's something you can
> use in MariaDB (and a different API in Drizzle) but if you can't see
> something like it in MySQL, then they haven't implmeneted it.
>
> --
> Stewart Smith
Thread
How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributesfor my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserShaukat Mahmood Ahmad14 Dec
  • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserStewart Smith16 Dec
    • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / columnattributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserShaukat Mahmood Ahmad17 Dec
      • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserStewart Smith17 Dec