List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad Date:December 14 2012 3:36pm
Subject:How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributes
for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parser
View as plain text
Hello,

How can I extend attributes for table created under my custom engine
without modifying the sql parser code,

CREATE TABLE data (
name VARCHAR(255) INFO = 'some additional information',
data BLOB  MAX_SIZE=1000,
) ENGINE=myEngine categories="c1,c2,c3";

I have explored MariaDB code and have found that its  possible there
using ha_create_table_option as following,

ha_create_table_option example_field_option_list[]=
{

  HA_FOPTION_STRING("COMPLEX", complex_param_to_parse_it_in_engine),
  HA_FOPTION_END
};

static int example_init_func(void *p)
{
  DBUG_ENTER("example_init_func");

  example_hton->table_options= example_table_option_list;

  DBUG_RETURN(0);
}

I am unable to fingure this out in mysql source code, can anyone me to
make it possible inMySQL source code (Plugable Storage Engine
Development).

Regards,
Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad
Thread
How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributesfor my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserShaukat Mahmood Ahmad14 Dec
  • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserStewart Smith16 Dec
    • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / columnattributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserShaukat Mahmood Ahmad17 Dec
      • Re: How can I use create_table_option to extend table / column attributes for my plugable storage engine without modifying sql parserStewart Smith17 Dec