List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tianyin Xu Date:December 12 2012 9:20pm
Subject:Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directory
View as plain text
Ok, so the two sets are disjoint.

and "mysql-test/t" is kind of basic, and "mysql-test/suite" is more
advanced (according to Guilhem, it's created because t is not enough).

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Weldon Whipple <weldon@stripped> wrote:
> The tests in mysql-test/t and those beneath mysql-test/suite
> constitute the set of all tests.
>
> Both mysql-test/t and and the tests beneath mysql-test/suite are
> disjoint subsets of the set of all tests.
>
> The union of mysql-test/t and the tests beneath mysql-test/suite are
> equal to the set of all tests. (The same as sentence one above,
> essentially)

> (Feel free to correct my set theory terminology.)
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Tianyin Xu <tixu@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi, Guilhem,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the explanation!
>> So mysql-test/t is a subset of mysql-test/suite, am I right?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Guilhem Bichot
>> <guilhem.bichot@stripped> wrote:

>>> In the beginning there was only mysql-test/t. Then MySQL developers felt the
>>> need to organize tests in suites, so they created mysql-test/suite, which
>>> has one sub directory per suite.
>>> If you simply run mysql-test-run it will print
>>> "Using suites:
>>>
> main,sys_vars,binlog,federated,rpl,innodb,innodb_fts,perfschema,funcs_1,opt_trace,parts",
>>> these are the suites which it tests by default.
>>> "main" is special: it means the tests in mysql-test/t.
>>> You can specify what suites you want:
>>> ./mtr --suite=main,binlog
>>>

>> --
>> Tianyin XU,
>> http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/
>>
>> --

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/
Thread
Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
  • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot12 Dec
    • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryDavi Arnaut12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
          • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
            • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot13 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryBjorn Munch13 Dec