List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Weldon Whipple Date:December 12 2012 8:21pm
Subject:Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directory
View as plain text
The tests in mysql-test/t and those beneath mysql-test/suite
constitute the set of all tests.

Both mysql-test/t and and the tests beneath mysql-test/suite are
disjoint subsets of the set of all tests.

The union of mysql-test/t and the tests beneath mysql-test/suite are
equal to the set of all tests. (The same as sentence one above,
essentially)

(Feel free to correct my set theory terminology.)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Tianyin Xu <tixu@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, Guilhem,
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation!
> So mysql-test/t is a subset of mysql-test/suite, am I right?
>
> Best,
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Guilhem Bichot
> <guilhem.bichot@stripped> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Tianyin Xu a écrit, On 12/12/2012 08:52:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to take the advantage of the existing MySQL test suite to do
>>> some specific testing.
>>>
>>> According to the manual, the test suite is located in the mysql-test
>>> directory (under the install root directory).
>>>
>>> What confused me is that there're two different test suite directories
>>> there -- (1) mysql-test/t and (2) mysql-test/suite.
>>>
>>> It seems that when executing
>>> #mysql-test-run
>>> it would execute the tests under "suite" directory, but the examples
>>> in README, e.g.,
>>> #mysql-test-run --extern alias analyze
>>> the "alias" and "analyze" refer to the test cases in the "t" directory.
>>>
>>> Could anyone tell me what's the different between the tests in these
>>> two directory? Which is doing what?
>>

>> In the beginning there was only mysql-test/t. Then MySQL developers felt the
>> need to organize tests in suites, so they created mysql-test/suite, which
>> has one sub directory per suite.
>> If you simply run mysql-test-run it will print
>> "Using suites:
>>
> main,sys_vars,binlog,federated,rpl,innodb,innodb_fts,perfschema,funcs_1,opt_trace,parts",
>> these are the suites which it tests by default.
>> "main" is special: it means the tests in mysql-test/t.
>> You can specify what suites you want:
>> ./mtr --suite=main,binlog
>>

> --
> Tianyin XU,
> http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
  • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot12 Dec
    • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryDavi Arnaut12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
          • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
            • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot13 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryBjorn Munch13 Dec