List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:December 12 2012 7:43pm
Subject:Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directory
View as plain text
Hi,

In case you haven't seen, some of this is documented at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysqltest/2.0/en/mysql-test-run-pl.html

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Tianyin Xu <tixu@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, Guilhem,
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation!
> So mysql-test/t is a subset of mysql-test/suite, am I right?
>
> Best,
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Guilhem Bichot
> <guilhem.bichot@stripped> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Tianyin Xu a écrit, On 12/12/2012 08:52:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I want to take the advantage of the existing MySQL test suite to do
>>> some specific testing.
>>>
>>> According to the manual, the test suite is located in the mysql-test
>>> directory (under the install root directory).
>>>
>>> What confused me is that there're two different test suite directories
>>> there -- (1) mysql-test/t and (2) mysql-test/suite.
>>>
>>> It seems that when executing
>>> #mysql-test-run
>>> it would execute the tests under "suite" directory, but the examples
>>> in README, e.g.,
>>> #mysql-test-run --extern alias analyze
>>> the "alias" and "analyze" refer to the test cases in the "t" directory.
>>>
>>> Could anyone tell me what's the different between the tests in these
>>> two directory? Which is doing what?
>>

>> In the beginning there was only mysql-test/t. Then MySQL developers felt the
>> need to organize tests in suites, so they created mysql-test/suite, which
>> has one sub directory per suite.
>> If you simply run mysql-test-run it will print
>> "Using suites:
>>
> main,sys_vars,binlog,federated,rpl,innodb,innodb_fts,perfschema,funcs_1,opt_trace,parts",
>> these are the suites which it tests by default.
>> "main" is special: it means the tests in mysql-test/t.
>> You can specify what suites you want:
>> ./mtr --suite=main,binlog
>>

> --
> Tianyin XU,
> http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
  • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot12 Dec
    • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryDavi Arnaut12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
          • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
            • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot13 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryBjorn Munch13 Dec