List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:December 12 2012 8:14am
Subject:Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directory
View as plain text
Hello,

Tianyin Xu a écrit, On 12/12/2012 08:52:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to take the advantage of the existing MySQL test suite to do
> some specific testing.
>
> According to the manual, the test suite is located in the mysql-test
> directory (under the install root directory).
>
> What confused me is that there're two different test suite directories
> there -- (1) mysql-test/t and (2) mysql-test/suite.
>
> It seems that when executing
> #mysql-test-run
> it would execute the tests under "suite" directory, but the examples
> in README, e.g.,
> #mysql-test-run --extern alias analyze
> the "alias" and "analyze" refer to the test cases in the "t" directory.
>
> Could anyone tell me what's the different between the tests in these
> two directory? Which is doing what?

In the beginning there was only mysql-test/t. Then MySQL developers felt
the need to organize tests in suites, so they created mysql-test/suite,
which has one sub directory per suite.
If you simply run mysql-test-run it will print
"Using suites:
main,sys_vars,binlog,federated,rpl,innodb,innodb_fts,perfschema,funcs_1,opt_trace,parts",
these are the suites which it tests by default.
"main" is special: it means the tests in mysql-test/t.
You can specify what suites you want:
./mtr --suite=main,binlog

Thread
Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
  • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot12 Dec
    • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryDavi Arnaut12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
      • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
          • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
            • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot13 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryBjorn Munch13 Dec