List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tianyin Xu Date:December 12 2012 7:52am
Subject:Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directory
View as plain text
Hi all,

I want to take the advantage of the existing MySQL test suite to do
some specific testing.

According to the manual, the test suite is located in the mysql-test
directory (under the install root directory).

What confused me is that there're two different test suite directories
there -- (1) mysql-test/t and (2) mysql-test/suite.

It seems that when executing
#mysql-test-run
it would execute the tests under "suite" directory, but the examples
in README, e.g.,
#mysql-test-run --extern alias analyze
the "alias" and "analyze" refer to the test cases in the "t" directory.

Could anyone tell me what's the different between the tests in these
two directory? Which is doing what?

Thanks a lot!

--
Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryTianyin Xu12 Dec
          • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryWeldon Whipple12 Dec
            • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryGuilhem Bichot13 Dec
        • Re: Question about test cases in "mysql-test" directoryBjorn Munch13 Dec