List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad Date:November 30 2012 4:05pm
Subject:Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?
View as plain text
Thanks Sergei for your very helpful and valuable reply, It will be
great if you can you explain following points,
  * Is thd->variables.lc_messages->number aligned with microsoft
defined locale Ids ()
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912047(v=winembedded.10).aspx).
  * Can  thd->variables.lc_messages be personalized for current
connect to mysql.

Regards,
Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, Shaukat!
>
> On Nov 29, Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> How I can get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd), / query, I
>> want to use this LocaleID / LANGID with FormatMessage() Windows API
>> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679351(v=vs.85).aspx)
>> to get error message against error code for my windows based storage
>> engine.
>
> There is no LocaleID/LANGID per thread in the server, it does not use
> Windows API for that.
>
> The current thread locale is in the ha_thd()->variables.lc_messages
> But the storage engine API does not give you a direct access to
> THD->variables, you'd need to #define MYSQL_SERVER 1 for that.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei
Thread
How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad29 Nov
  • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Abhishek Varshney29 Nov
  • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Sergei Golubchik30 Nov
    • Re: How can I get LocaleID / LANGID for current thread (thd) / query?Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad30 Nov